My name is Leigh, I am from Victoria and I have absolutely loved growing up on the island. I am incredibly fortunate to have been able to grow up in such a beautiful area. Being from the island I have had the ability to spend most of the year doing outdoor activities, such as rowing, hiking or even just hanging out at the beach. I love that is there is so many opportunities and places to explore. When I am not in school or working I love just spending time with my family and friends. 

I am a currently in my last year of the Recreation and Health education program at UVIc. After completing my under graduate degree I have not decided what my next step is. I have a couple of different paths that sound like they could be quite interesting, so I’m hoping throughout the next couple months I will have a clearer idea of what I would like to pursue. I am very interested to see how this semester will play out as it is a big change from sitting in a classroom going to lectures and being able to interact face to face with classmates. I think it will be a way to branch out and learn how to communicate and study in a different manner. I am really excited to take this class because I am not very tech savvy and believe that this will help me learn new skills and improve on the ones I somewhat know how to do. 

When I am not in school I spend a lot of time working as a rowing coach. I really like that being a coach I have the ability to work with many different people and be able to pass along my knowledge in the sport of rowing; as I competed for about eight years. It is quite rewarding watching these athletes go from not even knowing how to put a boat in the water to being able to compete at a higher level.